Online Marketing Intern
Mentor Works was created for the purpose of helping Canadian businesses find and leverage government funding. Our team provides comprehensive solutions to business owners looking for government grants and loans. We offer a wide variety of online resources to educate the general public, which supplements our personalized approach to funding. Our team meets directly with business owners via workshops, webinars, and one-on-one funding strategy sessions to determine what their strategic initiatives are for the next 12-24 months. Mentor Works then pairs those initiatives with funding programs and supports the application process. We are not a funding organization; we are a funding support services company, guiding businesses towards the right sources of cash, while minimizing their time with the funding application process.
Why Work for Mentor Works?
Mentor Works was established in 2008. We now operate our 22-employee team out of a 2-floor Cambridge, Ontario office, helping businesses across Canada. Mentor Works is a fast-paced, adaptive, and innovative company that excels off of each team member's dedication and ideas. You will see the direct impact of your efforts and the business is consistently improving based off of everyone's feedback and concepts. Knowing that Mentor Works helps businesses grow and innovate is also very rewarding. Our team gains insights into business trends, growth plans, and strategic initiatives, and we are able to directly impact each business' ability to obtain their goals through funding. Bernadeen McLeod, President and Founder of Mentor Works, is a very strong leader. Her ideals and growth plans for each team member ensures long-term employee satisfaction and development. When you work for Mentor Works, you will be comfortable with your development plans. As the business grows, so will you.
Online Marketing Intern The Online Marketing Intern position at Mentor Works will be involved with all web-based aspects of the company's marketing activities, including:
- Graphic design and branding of both online and offline content. Photoshop and InDesign will be your most commonly used tools.
- Web design responsibilities for improving the user experience (UX) and adhering to constantly updating online standards.
- Search engine optimization (SEO) best practices on all web content using Google Analytics and other web analytics software.
- Content marketing activities for the blog, external publications, and creative executions (written communication skills are a must).
- Social media management activities using Hootsuite and social analytics software. Must be competent with platform-specific features, such as hashtags, Groups, Lists, etc.
- Marketing analytics platform management and improvements, including reporting and insight gathering.
- Research marketing opportunities with prospective strategic partners, events, backlink opportunities, and public relations strategies.
- Special projects, such as videos, website improvements, creative executions, and other assignments will provide further depth to the role.
Skills & Requirements
We are looking for a forward thinking creative marketer who is self-driven, and adaptable to new technologies and processes. Candidate with experience in content marketing and SEO activities are preferred. Graphic design and/or web development experience is also an asset. You will likely land an interview if you fall inline with the following: Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Post-secondary graduate of a marketing, graphic design, or web design program.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Freelance or business-related graphic design is a strong asset.
- Experience with adhering to search engine optimization (SEO) protocols when creating content.
- Experience with Google Analytics or other web presence optimization platforms.
- Advanced experience with social media platforms, such as Hootsuite, LinkedIn Company Manager, Facebook Pages, Twitter, and Google Plus.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team.
- Capability to think strategically and creatively.
- Strong research skills.
- Graphic design competency, such as Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
Thank you for browsing this job description. If it seems like a good fit for you and you would like to join our growing team of A-players, please submit your cover letter and resume and we will be in touch with the top candidates for interviews. Project portfolios will be an asset to your application.