Business Funding Analyst
ABOUT MENTOR WORKS LTD
Mentor Works Ltd., the Canadian government funding expert, provides grant writing services to Canadian small and medium-sized businesses. By assessing our clients' strategic objectives and innovation challenges, we match optimal government grants, loans and/or tax credits to accelerate their growth. Government funding programs support a plethora of projects, including capital investment, market expansion, research & product development, and hiring & training. We are a growing organization providing leading expertise and funding services by investing in our team. We are committed to continuous improvement in enhancing internal processes, providing additional learning opportunities, and continuously monitoring funding opportunities.
The Business Funding Analyst role will offer the selected candidate an opportunity to specialize in a specific sub-set of industries and to develop their project management skills, with additional possibilities for taking on special projects.
The Business Funding Analyst will work directly with Team Leads to write funding applications that range from $10,000 to $20,000,000 in size. These funding applications are positioned to assist our clients' businesses with projects including business expansion, research & development, capital investment, and hiring initiatives. The Business Funding Analyst will report to a Team Lead.
Preparation and Submission of Funding Proposals (90%):
Work directly with a Team Lead on the preparation and submission of funding proposals. This includes synthesizing project information gathered from research, client meetings, notes from the sales team or team lead, and previous funding proposals. We typically write 90%+ of content in a written submission; this content can range from a single paragraph to more than 70 pages. A Team Lead will review your work and provide feedback for changes or improvement before submitting. Tasks include:
- Research and Analysis: Research through a variety of online sources, market reports, client data, and interview notes to develop a coherent narrative for a funding proposal.
- Application Preparation/Writing: Applications include varying combinations of a project and/or business focus depending on the nature of the request for funding. You will work with your team to write drafts and/or review business plans and/or formal application files.
- Systemization/Document Management: As documentation (e.g. financial statements, quotes, etc.) for a project comes in, you are responsible for filing and storing the documents appropriately on our system. Additionally, the Analyst is responsible for maintaining the integrity and consistency of our file management system.
Support administrative and other duties as required by the company. This can include:
- Administrative Support: CRM recordkeeping, emails, and reporting to Team Leads.
- Internal Meetings: Meeting prep and facilitation for weekly team meetings and Pod-specific meetings.
- Other: Special projects may be assigned on an on-going basis, these can include blog writing, marketing support, systems development, etc.
- Variety: The role includes exposure to many different business sectors. We work with clients across a variety of sectors including industrial manufacturing, food processing and production, aerospace, software, tech, geomatics, and other B2B and B2C manufacturing.
- Autonomy: You will be responsible to meet client deadlines and provide exceptional quality and turnaround on services. This will include ownership of your workload and schedule.
- Passionate Team: Personality is key and that's why we have been so successful in having a vibrant team. You will be working with a group of dedicated and hard working individuals all working towards a unified goal of exceptional service to our clients.
- Continuous Learning: we provide opportunities for continuous learning and also have an expectation that our candidates will be dedicated to improving their industry specific knowledge and experience.
QUALIFICATIONS - REQUIRED
- Bachelor of Arts in Humanities, Social Sciences, or Business
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- 1+ years of experience in industry; various experience acceptable
- Strong decision making skills; ability to work with limited information
- Experience in scenario planning and cost justification of investments/spend
- Ability to work under pressure and tight timelines
QUALIFICATIONS - PREFERRED
- Experience preparing or evaluating business and marketing plans or case studies/projects
- Understanding of accounting and finance practices; ability to interpret an income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow statement.
- Industry experience in roles that include strategic planning, project management, or similar. Ideally experience in a manufacturing or advanced technology sector
TalentEgg will send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org