Territory Sales Manager - Durham Region
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager Eastern Ontario, the individual will manage a specific geographic area within the province of Ontario bordered by Pickering in the west and Kingston in the east. The territory technically spans north to Haliburton, however regular service expectations are currently held at Peterborough and the Kawartha region.
Disciplined and strong time management and organizational skills are paramount as you aggressively drive growth by expanding the business of all customers and by continually prospecting and closing new customers. You will demonstrate professionalism and possess a passion for beer. Although we provide hands on training and ongoing managerial support, we expect the new hire to adapt and quickly learn the Labatt way of selling.
Scope of Role:
- Develop and maintain impactful relationships with key personnel at all current and prospective customers at LCBO, The Beer Store and licensed establishments.
- Strive to increase distribution on all brands across all accounts.
- Prioritize growth opportunities based on scale and expediency.
- Network with all key stakeholders for identified opportunities to gain understanding of business operations. Indoctrinate all key stakeholders into Labatt culture ("What we do, who we are").
- Create resource requirement plan that details the "Cost to Play" for each opportunity with associated return on investment. Make recommendations on strategy, approach and timing to manager and then execute in trade..
- Create platform for making inroads into broader "Key" accounts. Detail distribution, revenue and commercial marketing opportunity.
- Create impactful and detailed presentations to decision makers that are consistent with corporate objectives and terms of trade.
- Liaise with Regional Sales Manager to insure proper coverage and execution of all activities at the outlet level.
- Co-create all annual and quarterly territory business objectives with each customer.
- Create and maintain all territory analyses and record keeping as required using structured system (Salesforce) and self-created processes.
- College Diploma or University Degree required
- Minimum of 1 year structured selling experience in a related field or industry.
- Able to provide a track record of meeting or exceeding target in a sales territory over a full fiscal year.
- Based in the defined Durham Region. Must live in the territory.
- Own a reliable vehicle.
- Overnight travel to Kingston on a bi-weekly schedule.
- Demonstrated high energy level and possesses a & 'can do' attitude.
- Demonstrated bias for bottom line growth.
- Open and apparent positive mindset.
- Track record of delivering excellent results in Sales.
- Solid networking capability. Strong personal affect.
- Polished and professional business approach.
- Dynamic business acumen.
- Possesses outstanding time management and multi-tasking capability.
- Strong problem solving skills and initiative to adapt and overcome in the face of adversity.
- Ability to grasp strategies and create tools and tactics for in field execution.
- Ability to definitively execute sales plans as intended.
- Adaptable, able to meet deadlines in fast paced and changing situations.
- Commitment to building effective external relationships with key stakeholders.
- Commitment to building effective internal relationships with MSB stakeholders (Order Fulfillment, Marketing, Operations, Finance, Senior Management).
- Broader understanding of fiscal management and responsibility. Ability to deliver required results with minimal resources.
- Fully able to lift 20 kgs multiple times per day.
- Able to work some evenings and weekends.
Labatt Breweries of Canada LP is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.