Operator, Packaging %26 Logistics - Without Forklift
For more than 160 years, Labatt has created enduring bonds with consumers as they share memorable experiences while enjoying iconic brands like Alexander Keith's, Labatt Blue, Budweiser and Stella Artois.
Labatt employees share the dream of becoming the best, most profitable beer company in a better world with their Anheuser-Busch InBev colleagues worldwide. From Newfoundland to British Columbia, Labatt's 3,000 employees brew about 60 local and world-known beers. Anheuser-Busch InBev is the leading global brewer, managing a portfolio of more than 200 brands.
Labatt is one of Canada's most recognized brands and most respected corporations. We take responsibility for improving the world where we do business, and together we find ways of putting social responsibility into action. We're also committed to building a company for the long-term with a legacy to be proud of – for the people who work for us and with us; for future generations and the environment; and above all for our consumers.
- Operate equipment on a high-speed beer packaging production line
- Operate process control equipment and perform manual activities required to monitor and control the movement of our products
- Conduct process quality control checks
- Clean production lines, process work areas or other parts of the facility in order to maintain sanitation standards
- Utilize the continuous improvement system (VPO) tools and methods for all day-to-day activities and participate in problem solving teams as required
- Responsible for operating equipment to process and package beer
- Duties will also include house-keeping and cleaning of packaging area as required
- High school diploma or equivalent. Post-secondary education considered an asset.
- Willing and able to work shift work (days, afternoons and midnights), overtime, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to engage in physical activities and manual labor, as required, including but not limited to: prolonged standing, walking, lifting, pushing, pulling and bending.
- Interest and ability to learn
- Strong organizational skills
- Prior production, warehouse, or related experience preferred; mechanical aptitude a plus.
- Outstanding work ethic with exceptional discipline, attendance, and safety record.
- Ability to follow health and safety rules and procedures.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Demonstrated teamwork and ability to work cooperatively with co-workers and managers.
- Willingness and ability to learn; flexible and adaptable to change.
- Willingness and ability to learn; think analytically day-to-day & participate in problem solving teams.
- High energy and initiative, with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Basic computer skills with an understanding of Microsoft Office programs.
Labatt Breweries of Canada LP is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.