Marketing Social Media Coordinator
About Mike's Beverage Company
Mike's Beverage Company is the home of Canada's biggest, fastest-growing and best-loved Ready-to-Drink brands of coolers, ciders and flavoured malt beverages including Palm Bay, Mike's Hard, Okanagan Cider, American Vintage Hard Iced Teas and Bud Lime-a-Ritas - it is an autonomous Canadian business unit located in Liberty Village (Toronto) and owned by Labatt Breweries of Canada / AB In-Bev.
For more than 160 years, Labatt has created enduring bonds with consumers as they share memorable experiences while enjoying iconic brands like Alexander Keith's, Labatt Blue, Budweiser and Stella Artois.
Labatt employees share the dream of becoming the best, most profitable beer company in a better world with their Anheuser-Busch InBev colleagues worldwide. From Newfoundland to British Columbia, Labatt's 3,000 employees brew about 60 local and world-known beers. Anheuser-Busch InBev is the leading global brewer, managing a portfolio of more than 200 brands.
Labatt is one of Canada's most recognized brands and most respected corporations. We take responsibility for improving the world where we do business, and together we find ways of putting social responsibility into action. We're also committed to building a company for the long-term with a legacy to be proud of – for the people who work for us and with us; for future generations and the environment; and above all for our consumers.
This individual is responsible for supporting the brand marketing team with social media management for the Palm Bay, Mike's Hard, Okanagan Cider, American Vintage, Rockstar +Vodka, and Bud Light Rita businesses, including website and online community management, as well as content creation on facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social media properties. This role will also provide general administrative support for brand marketing initiatives, innovation projects, trade marketing programs, consumer/customer service relations, and general departmental coordination.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ongoing website management and social media page maintenance for all brands
- Manage all content creation, formatting, approvals, posting, monitoring, reporting and responding for social media properties
- Continue to drive up brand audience to achieve KPI's
- Serve as front line consumer response for all Mike's Beverage brands (e-mail inboxes, telephone inquiries)
- Support the brand marketing team in delivering marketing targets through project coordination
- Coordinate and participate in media, tastings, tradeshows & events
- Exposure to bigger marketing projects, including: innovation, brand planning, sales strategy
- Work with 3rd party media, creative and promotional suppliers
- Work with trade marketing team to execute trade plan in each region
- Work with advertising/promotional agencies to help execute consumer programs
Planning & Strategy:
- Provide competitive analysis for brand performance in competitive set
- Monitor and track the execution and return on investment for marketing programs
- Monitor competitive activity and report back to the business as needed
- Liaise with broader organization to secure samples, send deliverables, coordinate sampling schedules, etc.
- Serve as first point of marketing contact for logos, brand guidelines, assets (to sales/trade
- Administer consumer giveaways
- A Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Program or College Diploma in Marketing, Communications and/or Business or related field from a recognized institution
- Excellent communications skills in English, including writing, editing and proofreading
- Past experience creating and managing social media marketing materials, including utilizing graphic design/illustration software, is a plus
- Exceptional project and time management skills with the ability to remain well-organized and able to juggle frequently changing priorities and deadlines
- High energy team player with fantastic attention to detail
- Natural born story teller who loves to engage with people and share those stories
- Humble yet confident, able to put the growth of the company/team/brands first
- Ability to learn quickly, on the job
- High capacity for work; incredible work ethic
- Ability to work well independently, but not afraid to be highly collaborative and demonstrate team leadership abilities to get projects and priorities completed
Labatt Breweries of Canada LP is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.