About the Company
The Turning Point operation is a company owned facility that pilots and produces all innovation products (Beer and Ready-to Drink products) for all markets, and this role will continue to expand. The Brewery Manager is a key partner with the Corporate Liquid Development team and the Commercial Sales teams to bring innovation products to life and provide strategic direction on packaging options in preparation for scaling products for mass production.
The Maintenance Coordinator will be providing support in parts and inventory management, Preventative Maintenance (PM) programs, service and parts purchase, energy management, health and safety and environmental plant hazards. Moreover, the incumbent assists in the development of new policies and procedures for the overall and continuous improvement of maintenance management system requirements.
The Maintenance Coordinator is expected to be flexible and to be prepared to assist in other reasonable job related activities that may arise in periods of non-production, machine down time or due to changes in the companyâ??s structure and development or as reasonably directed by Management.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning, scheduling and coordinating all the maintenance activities associated with all plant, equipment and property (~40%)
- Developing and Enhancing Preventative Maintenance (PM) plans for all existing and new equipment.
- Creation of PMs from Manufacturer Manual in collaboration with tradespersons
- Generates/closes/maintains Work Orders (WOs) and Service Requests
- Following up on the status of maintenance activities and maintaining/updating all relevant information in the Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Parts and Inventory Management (~30%)
- Purchasing parts from suppliers ahead of maintenance activities planned.
- Purchase of parts for supplies and inventory; conduct regular parts inventory audit to ensure optimum min-max levels
- Ensuring tools for maintenance use are available and in good condition. Keep shop supplies in minimum inventory
- Liaise with contractors and suppliers on plant activities and inventory purchases
- Records keeping and trending (~10%)
- Collate and prepare reports as required.
- Creates templates/forms for Maintenance logs/recording
- Generates/Crunches data for presentation
- Spearhead 5S and Maintenance Department organization and cleanliness (10%)
- Perform other reasonable job related duties as may be assigned by management. (~10%)
- Works with a strong sense of urgency and multi-tasking skills
- Thrives in ambiguity
- Does not need all information to navigate effectively
- Able to succeed in a changing environment
- Willingness to learn
- Listens and is open to feedback
- Demonstrates agility within a dynamic environment
- Demonstrates a hands-on attitude and an attention to detail
- Pays attention to the small details
- Demonstrates a willingness to pitch in wherever needed
- Minimum 2 years progressive experience in manufacturing industry.
- Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or proven track record in the field.
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, AutoCAD is a plus)
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with others in a diverse environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at one time
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with personal computers and business applications
Labatt Breweries of Canada LP is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.