Engineer in Training (Contract)
About our Company
Labatt has a big dream. It's to be the Best Beer Company Bringing People Together for a Better World. Some say we're already there. After all, Labatt is Canada's number one brewer. With 60 amazing brands from Budweiser to Shocktop, we've got great tastes and great times covered. Labatt is also part of AB InBev, the number one brewer worldwide, with 155,000 colleagues across 25 countries.
Why Join Us
Labatt is a dynamic place to call home. From BC to Newfoundland, this is where the best work hard to become even better. If you're looking for a team where achievement and talent are what count, then look no further. We're crafting up better beer, better experiences, a better environment and better communities for Canadians than ever before.
Working with all parties throughout the company to scope and implement initiatives of varying magnitudes in all areas of our Craft Breweries. Largest focus is in Toronto, however, there is some work in our Vancouver and Quebec City Breweries. A well rounded individual capable of project management, focusing on plant improvement opportunities. These initiatives can include (but are not limited to):
- Brewery process improvements with the Maintenance team.
- Safety Improvement upgrades
- Facility infrastructure upgrades
- Utility and Cost reduction Projects
- Required to scope out the work, direct internal or external trades, develop contracts, hire contractors, coordinate the installation with all affected personnel on site, and manage the trades, and co-ordinate the start-up and optimization.
- Responsible for managing the budget of each project as it progresses and perform the related Purchasing System (SAP) processing. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to work with process flow drawings and specify equipment which will be used in the plant for future brewing or packaging operations.
- Assignments are designed to develop engineering knowledge and abilities, as well as to build communication skills through day-to-day interactions and project coordination.
- Education: University degree in Engineering
- Self starter, ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal, communication skills, ability to collaborate with trades and operators
- Analytical thinker and strong problem solver
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Some experience working with Maintenance or Construction Trades, Project management, scoping, trending, contractor management, or working in construction are all assets for this position.
Labatt Breweries of Canada LP is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.