Brewery Trainee Program Internship
For more than 160 years, Labatt has created enduring bonds with consumers as they share memorable experiences while enjoying iconic brands like Alexander Keith's, Labatt Blue, Budweiser and Stella Artois.
Labatt employees share the dream of becoming the best, most profitable beer company in a better world with their Anheuser-Busch InBev colleagues worldwide. From Newfoundland to British Columbia, Labatt's 3,000 employees brew about 60 local and world-known beers. Anheuser-Busch InBev is the leading global brewer, managing a portfolio of more than 200 brands.
Labatt is one of Canada's most recognized brands and most respected corporations. We take responsibility for improving the world where we do business, and together we find ways of putting social responsibility into action. We're also committed to building a company for the long-term with a legacy to be proud of – for the people who work for us and with us; for future generations and the environment; and above all for our consumers.
Location: Greater Vancouver Area
The Brewery Trainee Program Internship is an intensive 16 week program that attracts the brightest, most driven individuals who can take on challenging projects in a variety of business functions within one our breweries. Interns may be placed in one of the following departments within the brewery, including packaging, brewing, maintenance, or CAPEX. The purpose of this program is to seek out individuals with a wide variety of skills that will not only make an impact during their internship, but could also be converted into a full-time hire into a specific role or one of our Talent Programs following graduation; examples include Global Management Trainee Program, Brewery Trainee Program or Logistics Trainee Program
- Learn the brewing, packaging, or utilities processes
- Assist in managing highly automated, complex processes in a fast-paced environment
- Apply knowledge to monitor, analyze, and troubleshoot processes
- Assist managers in identifying areas to improve operations in order to achieve or exceed key performance indicators through lean manufacturing and six sigma methods
- Assist with Capital Projects including developing scope, bid process, and execution
- Assist managers with leading and coaching diverse work teams
- Promote and encourage safe working practices
- Get exposure to senior leaders including a formal presentation of projects
- Pursuing Bachelor's Degree in engineering, science, business, or related discipline.
- Great interpersonal skills and team orientation.
- Technical and problem-solving skills.
- Leadership skills, comfort level with change, and the ability to lead change.
- Willingness to work rotating shifts, overtime, weekends, and holidays.
- Willingness to relocate to one of our breweries or distribution centers within Canada in the future.
Apply now at www.labattjobs.com (must apply via our website in order to complete compulsory testing).
Labatt Brewing Company Limited
is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.