For more than 160 years, Labatt has created enduring bonds with consumers as they share memorable experiences while enjoying iconic brands like Alexander Keith's, Labatt Blue, Budweiser and Stella Artois.
Labatt employees share the dream of becoming the best, most profitable beer company in a better world with their Anheuser-Busch InBev colleagues worldwide. From Newfoundland to British Columbia, Labatt's 3,000 employees brew about 60 local and world-known beers. Anheuser-Busch InBev is the leading global brewer, managing a portfolio of more than 200 brands.
Labatt is one of Canada's most recognized brands and most respected corporations. We take responsibility for improving the world where we do business, and together we find ways of putting social responsibility into action. We're also committed to building a company for the long-term with a legacy to be proud of – for the people who work for us and with us; for future generations and the environment; and above all for our consumers.
- Payroll Specialist administers hourly and salary payroll for unionized and non-unionized employees across Canada.
- Prepare and establish payroll records for employees by collecting and verifying various pay data elements for payroll calculation, disbursement and administration
- Ensure pay registers, direct deposits, cheques and various labour reports are accurate and distributed in a timely fashion as per our payroll reporting processes
- Ensures interpretation of requirements imposed through legislation, collective agreements and company policies are implemented and adhered to appropriately
- Assist in all aspects of payroll accounting- reconciliation of budget data, month and year end reconciliations and government reporting and reconciling
- Process all SOX and MICS controls for payroll and provide evidence
- College or University Degree mandatory
- Canadian Payroll Association-CPA level 1 certification desired (minimum)
- Minimum 1 year payroll administration experience or within financial field
- Experience with collective agreements; in multi-jurisdictional environment
- Basic Accounting principles knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel; Extensive knowledge of on-line payroll systems
- Bilingual (French & English) mandatory
We are committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience