Consultant, Global Investment Advisory - Winter 2017 (non CPA)
Please note that you are limited to one application during the fall recruitment period as we ask you to think ahead to what office and service line you are interested in.
Overview of the opportunity:
Working at KPMG allows you to gain valuable on-the-job experience while building your professional network and business acumen. Being part of the KPMG Global member firm of 155 countries and 174,000 professionals, you'll be part of a high performing team and have access to ongoing professional development and mentorship at every level. You will work with national and global organizations, adding value and gaining valuable on-the-job experience. At KPMG, we'll provide you with the support to drive your own career and discover the countless opportunities available.
We are seeking undergraduate business students to join our Advisory team during their Winter 2017 co-op work term working in our Deal Advisory practice within the Global Investment Advisory service line in our Toronto office.
What you will do:
KPMG's growing and market-leading practice in Canada is looking for an individual interested in work advising project owners, operators and investors at every stage of the transaction cycle, including:
- Supporting client and team during M&A transactions
- Financial modeling and finance support
- Investment due diligence assistance
- Supporting the structuring of financing for large infrastructure projects or investments
- Providing investment advice, tactics and recommendations
- Strategic planning and review of investment opportunities
What you bring to the role:
You have demonstrated academic excellence, strong all-around capabilities and excel in a dynamic, fluid and entrepreneurial environment. You have an outstanding academic record from your undergraduate degree and the ability to handle a broad range of projects with competing priorities and deadlines under pressure. Your confidence and creativity lead to your strong entrepreneurial drive. You have exceptional oral and written communication skills.
Keys to your success:
- 1-3 years of relevant finance, accounting, transaction, regulatory or other relevant experience in a consulting or corporate environment;
- In progress of completing a Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Accounting, Finance or similar fields;
- Strong quantitative skills and Excel experience desired, financial modeling skills a plus;
- Able to work in a dynamic team environment;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Attention to detail, both financial data and written reports;
- Inquisitive, driven and have an intellectual curiosity;
- Flexibility to manage multiple assignments concurrently and willingness to work hard as required to meet project deadlines;
- Moderate to advanced MS Office skills - including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Proven experience and ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams;
- Cross-border deal experience is an asset; and
- Fluency in other languages is desirable (Spanish, Portuguese, French, etc.).
- To apply:
Application deadlines vary by school. Please be aware of the various deadlines as unfortunately we are not able to consider applications that are received after each deadline date.
- Lazaridis School of Business and Economics September 30th at 11:59pm EST
- Other September 30th at 11:59pm EST
Our online application system will allow you to include up to five documents without losing your formatting. Applications can be addressed to Global Investment Advisory and should include a cover letter, resume, and an electronic copy of your most recent transcript. If you do not have access to an electronic copy of your transcript, we ask that you attach a screenshot of your grades from your school's website.
If you experience any difficulties, please contact