Business Intelligence Analyst - Canada Region
Business Intelligence Analysts play an integral role in our strategic and operational decision making at Just Energy. They are members of a regional group who act as a resource base for all functional areas of the company. This enables Analysts to gain exposure to many areas of Just Energy’s business and to develop a broad-based experience that prepares them for a variety of other growth-oriented roles in the company. Strong analytical skills, initiative, and teamwork are rewarded with opportunities for advancement and increased responsibility.
Is Just Energy Group the place for you?
The Just Energy Group is a leader in the energy sector offering green energy, retail and commercial energy, and home energy management solutions. We are expanding in the US, Canada, and the UK. We value integrity, innovation, customer-centricity, responsibility, enrichment, and excellence.Our brands include JE Solar, Green Star Energy, Amigo Energy, Commerce Energy, Hudson Energy, Just Energy and Tara Energy.
Energy, Opportunity, and Growth are core to our daily mindset and are essential ideologies for you to have in order to be successful with us.
- You have the Energy to commit to going ‘above and beyond’ on everything you do, it is not the exception. You create success and deliver exceptional results. You expect that hard work is required to do great things.
- You seek Opportunity. You focus on solutions, not problems. You are naturally inquisitive and business focused. You thrive working with diverse teams, and you are deeply committed to our collective success.
- Your Growth is about what you and your team accomplish together, and is limited only by your energy and the opportunity you seek. You thrive on diversity in your work, on learning, and helping others learn as well. You effectively manage multiple tasks or projects on time, and you help your team to do the same.
Your key accountabilities:
- Primarily working with SQL based databases to extract, analyze and turn raw data into meaningful business insights to be shared with the regional management team.
- The analytical conclusions that are produced by our Business Intelligence Analysts allow our Just Energy leaders to make informed, data-driven decisions that improve the quality our customers’ experience and growth of the company.
- Customer lifecycle reporting is at the heart of this role. Digging into the details to identity patterns and trends in all facets of customer experiences is a key step in being able to deliver accurate conclusions that improve our overall financial results.
- Provide timely, relevant and accurate analysis of the region’s performance against historical, budgeted, forecasted results to facilitate decision-making towards the achievement of our strategic plan.
- Responsibilities include: developing and delivering executive-level reports (using SQL, MS Excel and/or MS Access) for key strategic initiatives; presenting findings in a clear and effective manner using software like MS PowerPoint or MS Visio; responding to questions from key internal personnel; create tools (possibly in MS Excel or MS Access) to help Operations manage day-to-day responsibilities
Your skill sets include:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meeting deadlines and working well under pressure
- Extensive familiarity with common business issues and comfort with numerical and financial analysis
- Expertise in project management and standard software development lifecycle practices
- Strong excel skills (preferred)
- Knowledge of SQL (preferred)
- Financial designation desired but not mandatory (CPA)
- Post-secondary education in Accounting or Finance preferred