Business Analysts play an integral role in our strategic and operational capability at Just Energy. Business Analysts work as part of a service group who act as a resource base for all functional areas of the company. This in turn enables Analysts to gain exposure to many areas of Just Energy’s business and develop a broad-based experience that prepares them for a variety of other growth-oriented roles in the company. Strong analytical skills, initiative, and teamwork are rewarded with opportunities for advancement and increased responsibility.
Is Just Energy Group the place for you?
Just Energy Group is a leader in the energy sector offering green energy, retail and commercial energy, and home services solutions. Our brands include Amigo Energy, Commerce Energy, Hudson Energy, Green Star Energy, Just Energy and Tara Energy. We are expanding in US, Canada, and the UK. We value integrity, innovation, customer-centricity, responsibility, enrichment, and excellence.
Energy, Opportunity, and Growth are core to your way of being and are essential to succeed with us.
- You have the Energy to commit to going ‘above and beyond’ on everything you do, it is not the exception. You create success and deliver exceptional results. You expect that hard work is required to do great things.
- You seek Opportunity. You focus on solutions, not problems. You are naturally inquisitive and business focused. You thrive working with diverse teams, and you are deeply committed to our collective success.
- Your Growth is about what you and your team accomplish together, and is limited only by your energy and the opportunity you seek. You thrive on diversity in your work, on learning, and helping others learn as well. You effectively manage multiple tasks or projects on time, and you help your team to do the same.
Your key Accountabilities:
- Collaborate with functional user groups to design and implement new products, system business process and system enhancements that reflect internal priorities, regulatory and business rules.
- Act as a subject matter expert in the areas of market rules, competitive landscape, regulatory compliance, current and new product offerings and in-house system designs.
- Identify and evaluate new projects and business challenges and design practical, attainable solutions
- Develop and deliver executive-level reports (using SQL, MS Excel and/or MS Access) for key strategic initiatives; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and key internal personnel.
- Perform business data analysis and ensure the quality, consistency, and integrity of data in a timely, effective, and reliable manner.
- Create tools (possibly in MS Excel or MS Access) to help Operations manage day-to-day responsibilities
Your background includes:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective at managing multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meeting deadlines and working well under pressure
- Extensive knowledge of common business issues and comfort with numerical and financial analysis
- Familiarity with project management and standard software development life cycle practices
- Strong excel skills (preferred)
- Knowledge of SQL (preferred)
- Post-secondary education preferred.