Business Analyst - Canada Region
Business Analysts play an integral role in our strategic and operational decision making at Just Energy. They act as product owners and designers, as well as primary project managers. This enables Analysts to gain exposure to many areas of Just Energy’s business and to develop a broad-based experience that prepares them for a variety of other growth-oriented roles in the company. Strong analytical skills, initiative, and teamwork are rewarded with opportunities for advancement and increased responsibility.
Is Just Energy Group the place for you?
The Just Energy Group is a leader in the energy sector offering green energy, retail and commercial energy, and home services solutions. We are expanding in the US, Canada, and the UK. We value integrity, innovation, customer-centricity, responsibility, enrichment, and excellence.Our brands include JE Solar, Green Star Energy, Amigo Energy, Commerce Energy, Hudson Energy, Just Energy and Tara Energy.
Energy, Opportunity, and Growth are core to our daily mindset and are essential ideologies for you to have in order to be successful with us.
- You have the Energy to commit to going above and beyond’ on everything you do, it is not the exception. You create success and deliver exceptional results. You expect that hard work is required to do great things.
- You seek Opportunity. You focus on solutions, not problems. You are naturally inquisitive and business focused. You thrive working with diverse teams, and you are deeply committed to our collective success.
- Your Growth is about what you and your team accomplish together, and is limited only by your energy and the opportunity you seek. You thrive on diversity in your work, on learning, and helping others learn as well. You effectively manage multiple tasks or projects on time, and you help your team to do the same.
Your key accountabilities:
- Product Pricing Strategy and Analysis. Providing recommendations to ensure long-term and sustainable market penetration. Working closely with the senior management to develop pricing segments, targets, and timelines.
- Project Management. Leading multiple small to medium size projects and strategic initiatives. Accountable for project planning, leading creative solution discussions, documenting requirements, keeping stakeholders informed, evaluating project success. Projects most often target process improvements, new product implementation, renewal and retention planning, customer billing, and customer acquisitions.
- Relied on to provide subject matter expertise in the areas of market rules, competitive landscape, regulatory compliance, current product offerings and in-house system designs.
- Product Life Cycle Analysis. Reporting on trending and performing gap-analysis to aid in product planning. Helping Just Energy drive towards achieving profitability goals.
- Responsibilities include: developing and delivering executive-level reports (using SQL, MS Excel and/or MS Access) for key strategic initiatives; presenting findings in a clear and effective manner using software like MS PowerPoint or MS Visio; responding to questions from key internal personnel; create tools (possibly in MS Excel or MS Access) to help Operations manage day-to-day responsibilities
Your background includes:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meeting deadlines and working well under pressure
- Extensive familiarity with common business issues and comfort with numerical and financial analysis
- Expertise in project management and standard software development lifecycle practices
- Strong excel skills
- Experience with relational database software
- Post-secondary education