Associate, Business Systems Analyst
Associate Business Systems Analysts (ABSA's) play an integral role in honing the strategic direction and operational efficiency of Just Energy processes. They work as part of a service group that acts as a resource base for all functional areas of the company. This enables Analysts to gain exposure to many parts of Just Energy's business and develop a broad-based experience that prepares them for a variety of other growth-oriented roles in the company. Strong analytical skills, initiative, and teamwork are rewarded with opportunities for advancement, increased responsibility.
Is Just Energy Group the place for you?
The Just Energy Group is a leader in the energy sector offering green energy, retail and commercial energy, and home energy management solutions. We are expanding in the US, Canada, and the UK. We value integrity, innovation, customer-centricity, responsibility, enrichment, and excellence. Our brands include JE Solar, Green Star Energy, Amigo Energy, Commerce Energy, Hudson Energy, Just Energy and Tara Energy.
Energy, Opportunity, and Growth are core to our daily mindset and are essential ideologies for you to have in order to be successful with us.
- You have the Energy to commit to going ‘above and beyond’ on everything you do, it is not the exception. You create success and deliver exceptional results. You expect that hard work is required to do great things.
- You seek Opportunity. You focus on solutions, not problems. You are naturally inquisitive and business focused. You thrive working with diverse teams, and you are deeply committed to our collective success.
- Your Growth is about what you and your team accomplish together, and is limited only by your energy and the opportunity you seek. You thrive on diversity in your work, on learning, and helping others learn as well. You effectively manage multiple tasks or projects on time, and you help your team to do the same.
Your key accountabilities:
- Partnering with operational groups to design, redesign, and implement business processes and systems to improve Just Energy's operations
- Analyzing business challenges and designing practical, attainable solutions enhancing opportunities available to Just Energy
- Creating, modifying, and executing test plans ensuring tools or software packages function correctly before they are released
- Help facilitate planned or unplanned system outages varying in purposes
- Analyzing and coordinating the migration of customer data between software systems
- Provide input and decision making authority to resolve escalated customer-facing issues and take steps to minimize future ones
- Creating tools and reports (possibly in MS Excel or MS Access) to help manage the day-to-day responsibilities for various functional areas
Your skill sets include:
- 0 to 2 years of experience in a business analysis or similar technical role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with previous experience writing business requirements, use cases, process flows, and functional specifications
- Previous experience working with SQL querying and relational databases
- Extensive knowledge of common business issues and comfort with numerical and financial analysis
- Familiarity with standard software development lifecycle practices
- Effective at managing multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meeting deadlines and working well under pressure
- A Commerce or Technical Degree is preferred