What we’re about:
IMAX is not your everyday entertainment experience, so it’s not surprising that IMAX employees and their careers go beyond the ordinary. Our employees share a passion for quality in everything they do. Our Hollywood people are movie business insiders with years of production experience. Our technology experts are unashamedly geeky – people who can talk for hours, and be riveting, about color gamut and lasers. Our business people are consummate sales and marketing professionals who are spreading the IMAX word around the world. Of course we offer all the benefits you’d expect from a company with over 40 years of history. Yet, beyond this, we know everyone works differently and is motivated by different things. That’s why we offer competitive pay and a wide assortment of benefits – to help you make the most of your life at work and away from it.
As the world’s leading entertainment technology company, IMAX has revolutionized the way people experience movies. Specializing in immersive motion picture technologies, our employees are driven by a passion to take audiences around the world to places they’ve only dreamed of.
Come explore IMAX – where innovation, creativity and passion come together.
What you’ll be doing:
• Daily processing of bank activities of over 40 bank accounts for IMAX Corporation and other subsidiaries
• Monthly recording of Line of Credit charges
• Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations for over 40 bank accounts
• Maintain fixed asset, operating lease, joint revenue sharing agreement, and patents & trademarks subledgers for IMAX Corporation and various other companies. Includes weekly processing of activity, recording of monthly depreciation, and performing monthly reconciliations
• Prepare monthly prepaid entries and monitor and prepare reconciliation of the prepaid accounts
• Manage petty cash requests. Responsible for monitoring, replenishing, and reconciling of balances
• Enter daily foreign exchange rates into SAP
• Provide information internally which includes detailing bank account balances and fixed assets
• Assist in preparation of schedules for the quarterly reviews and annual audits by IMAX’s external auditors
• Various projects as required
What we’re looking for:
• Minimum of 1 year of financial/corporate accounting experience.
• Preferably working towards an accounting designation.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Hands-on, highly motivated and conscientious self-starter.
• Ability to learn quickly and work independently with very little management supervision.
• Focused, deadline oriented and a hard working team player who works well under pressure.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
• SAP experience is an asset Please apply online.
We thank all applicants for their interest in IMAX but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IMAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer.