Research Intern - Summer Contract
International Institute of Business Analysis™ (IIBA®) is a not-for-profit professional association dedicated to advancing the practice and profession of Business Analysis through the development of Business Analysis standards white papers, research, certification programs, as well as on-line and face-to-face networking opportunities through our website, webinars, local Chapters and conferences.
This role will be for a full-time summer contract and work will be conducted at an office in downtown Toronto on the subway line.
IIBA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
For more information on IIBA or to join our association please visit our website at: www.iiba.org
IIBA is initiating an important Project and is looking for two Interns for the summer to conduct a market assessment and competitive analysis. We are looking for individuals who have experience conducting such research and can utilize various methods and avenues to source the required information and are able to distill and synthesize findings into well written summary reports. The scope of the research is global, covering various markets and industries, and a range of products, services and programs which organizations provide in these areas.
Most the work will be performed in a self-directed manner and as part of the project team, working with one other Research Intern on a standard Monday to Friday, 9 to 5 schedule. There will however, be times where a more flexible work schedule will be necessary to address time differences in different parts of the world. This role reports to the Director, Corporate and Business Development who is also the Project Lead for this initiative
- Determine approaches to required information in line with the scope of this work.
- Utilize various research methods and techniques to elicit information, analyze and synthesize it into well written summary reports detailing industry findings, trends, market positioning, and emerging trends.
- The incumbents will also support the Project elicitation activities as scribe during interviews and focus group discussions and summarize the input from the stakeholders into well written summaries.
- The overall scope of the research and approach to conduct the market assessment and competitive analysis will be shared with the researchers at the onset.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in gathering and reporting on research
- BA in Business, Marketing or other related discipline
- Exemplary written and verbal communications skills
- Strong analysis capabilities, ability to synthesize research findings into well-structured information
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Experience working independently and in a self-directed manner
- Demonstrates and enjoys creative thinking and problem solving
- Demonstrated critical and systems thinking
- Excellent knowledge of research methodologies
- Advanced user of MS Office suite of products
- Experience performing market analysis on competition
- Experience writing, editing and preparing research descriptions and perspectives for publication
- Experience working with social media, including internet search engines.
- Ability to adapt to differing communication styles
- Experience collecting and eliciting information from stakeholders
· Experience/ Skills Desired:
- MBA in progress or recently completed
- Basic understanding of Business Analysis discipline would be a definite asset