Watson Health Imaging - Java Software Developer
The newly formed IBM Watson Health business unit is looking for talented individuals destined to usher in the next era of IT-transformed healthcare. We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity. The convergence of data and technology is transforming healthcare and life sciences organizations in every way. New roles are being created that never existed before to meet the demands of this transformation. This role will leverage your leadership skills in working directly with the acquisitions in Watson Health to provide the services and functions they require to use the Watson Health Cloud platform.
IBM Watson Imaging is looking for a knowledgeable and energetic developer to create exciting new products leveraging cognitive computing. Working under supervision, this person will collaborate with the manager and/or architect and will liaison with customer technical staff and IBM Watson Imaging technical/clinical staff to perform the following high-level tasks:
- Understand requirements and design of the product and software applications
- Perform product development in accordance with IBM Watson Imaging 's methodology and practices
- Implement software modules and unit tests and conduct appropriate module testing;
- Detect, report, investigate, and fix product defects;
- Assist with escalated customer support investigations
- Identify and communicate possible improvements in the work process for customers and peers.
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming and Design techniques; and
- Knowledge of Java / J2ee and related tools.
- Any of the following preferred qualifications would be considered an asset:
- Knowledge and experience with Service Oriented Architecture concepts and/or RESTful Web Service technologies
- Knowledge and experience with databases and ORM
- Knowledge and experience with software configuration, build management and issue tracking tools such as Subversion, Jenkins and/or JIRA
- Knowledge and experience in web services security standards, including OAuth, WS-Security, WS-Trust, and/or SAML
- Knowledge and experience with WebSphere Liberty, IBM Integration Bus, and/or IBM Security Identity Manager
- Flexibility to work in an Agile development model
- Familiarity with Rational Rose or other UML modeling tools
- Knowledge and experience in software requirements and design engineering skills using a well-defined disciplined engineering process or methodology
- Knowledge and experience in DICOM, HL7, FHIR, and/or IHE
- Experience in Healthcare Information Systems, Electronic Medical Records, Practice Management, Health interoperability solutions is an asset
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Experience in server side programming (JAVA)
- Experience in Linux
- Experience in SQL
- Experience in object oriented design
Must be eligible/legally entitled to work in Canada.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.