Do you have a passion for creating and delivering amazing user experiences? Do you seek out challenging work and problems that will flex your creative muscles? If so and you like to collaborate with similar minded people, the IBM Toronto Design Studio has an opening for a Visual designer that might be right up your alley. Come join the talented and creative people of our established design studio, located in Markham, Ontario.
The role will tackle numerous projects working on IBM software products including tasks such as creating visual styles, low and high fidelity mockups, visual assets such as icons and other graphics, demo assets, etc. Projects over the next year will include working on next generation IBM Systems products and Enterprise solutions as well as possible shorter term projects (proof of concepts, demos, etc.). The role demands deep experience with current tools and methods, but also a requirement to investigate and learn new approaches to solving problems. The candidate must be a self-starter, creative in their thinking about design issues, have strong communication and documentation skills and be able to work with a wide variety of people (designers, information developers, developers, product owners, etc.) - both face-to-face and via conference calls.
Role ( Job Role ): Designer
Position Type: Employment Type: Full-Time
Remote work possible?: Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?: No
Travel Required: No Travel
Required Education: High School Diploma/GED
Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- English (Fluent)
- Demonstrated knowledge of key design tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud & Sketch
- Demonstrated graphic design skills for creating visually compelling artifacts, icons, mockups, etc.
- Experience with creating mockups with consistent style attributes
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- An understanding of guidelines and standards of web design
- Knowledge of HTML and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) is a bonus
- An understanding of interface & user experience design best practices for web and mobility devices
- Portfolio of previous work that demonstrate an understanding of visual design
Eligibility Requirements: None
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.