Visual Designer - Coop (Toronto, ON)
Change the world at IBM. There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Toronto, Ontario and is a 4 (co-op) month work term commencing September 2017.
It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, (3) official or unofficial transcripts and (4) design portfolio.
Looking for a challenge? We're looking for an edge.
Our IBM Interactive Experience team needs a talented graphic designer who is passionate about design. The candidate will work with an inclusive, collaborative group to create mobile and web interfaces, journey maps, document deliverables and visual presentation materials. We want your creative flair, your industry knowledge and your can-do approach.
Bring us your design portfolio and let's talk!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Experience and/or interest in web and mobile design
- A proven understanding of design principles and methodologies
- Demonstrated concept visualization skills
- Knowledge of responsive/adaptive design
- Experienced with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with creating graphic assets for web and mobile is an asset
- User Experience (UX) design skills are considered an asset
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.