UX Software Engineer
The shift toward the consumption of IT as a service, i.e., the cloud, is one of the most important changes to happen to our industry in decades. At IBM, we are driven to shift our technology to an as-a-service model and to help our clients transform themselves to take full advantage of the cloud. With industry leadership in analytics, security, commerce, and cognitive computing and with unmatched hardware and software design and industrial research capabilities, no other company is as well positioned to address the full opportunity of cloud computing.
The Cloud Innovation Lab is a team dedicated to ensuring that the IBM Cloud is at the forefront of cloud technology, from data center design to network architecture to storage and compute clusters to highly flexible infrastructure services. Cloud computing is a once-in-a-generation opportunity to rethink everything about information technology - how it is built, how it is delivered and what it can accomplish. It is an exciting time,and as a team we are driven by this incredible opportunity to thrill our clients! We are looking for engineers to join us. People who share our passion for winning in cloud computing and for innovating at the foundation of computing systems.
We are looking for a UX Software Engineer in Markham, ON to join our Cloud Innovation team. Someone who innovates & shares our passion for winning in the cloud marketplace.
The successful candidate will work most closely with the Cloud lab monitoring and user experience team.
As a UX Software Engineer your key responsibilities will include:
- Software development working in full stack web application development
- Define and delivery architecture
- Work closely with team on implementation
- Champion the delivery best practices across the board
- REST API design, development and testing
- Focus on building high quality code with a fast-moving, innovative team
If you are passionate for technology, are hands-on but also like the ability to build grass root collaboration and champion your ideas then this may be the opportunity for you.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- 1-2 years experience in full stack web application development
- 1-2 years experience in RESP API design, development and testing
- 1-2 years experience coding preferably with parallel and distributed systems.
- Experience with open source CI/CD tools such as GitHub and Jenkins
- Proven ability to deliver with quality in a team environment
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Experience with Meteor, Mongo, Cassandra and MySQL
- Must be eligible/legally entitled to work in Canada
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.