We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity. Data and Analytics are transforming industries, society, and even the workplace - by creating professions that didn't exist before the emergence of data, cloud, social, and mobile. Cognitive computing is creating new customer experiences, reinventing operations and transforming industries by creating systems that can understand, reason and learn. As the largest technology employer in the world, IBM is a leader in this global transformation and just the place to continue your career.
We're looking for candidates to work alongside a multidisciplinary team of developers, designers, data scientists and business professionals.
The ideal candidate must have strong technical skills and a passion for software development. They must collaborate in a high energy environment and exhibit creative thinking. Having the ability to turn ideas into reality, communicate effectively, and work closely with others in teams around the world is essential. You'll use the latest tools and technologies available to deliver state-of-the-art software components.
Responsibilities and Projects include:
- Participating in the entire software development cycle by analyzing, designing, and developing new features and products
- Learning and contributing to products on a variety of cloud architectures
- Work with the latest web technologies and frameworks: React, Flux/Redux, EMCAScript 6 and webpack
- Enhancing the functionality, performance, and scalability of our product suite
- Draw from your professional experience to solve complex problems with creative solutions
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- Ability to work independently and with a group of peers in an agile development environment
- Proven interpersonal skills and able to collaborate with distributed teams
- Self-motivated and self-managed with a high degree of analytical ability and intellectual curiosity
- Demonstrated attention to detail, and a commitment to delivering under tight time constraints
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Experience working on large scale development projects
- Experience in extJS or React
- Experience working directly with UX designers and engineering teams
- Experience building software for SaaS offerings
Must be eligible/legally entitled to work in Canada.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.