Technician/Developer SW Technology Exploration Centre (Markham, ON)
IBM is a globally integrated technology and consulting company headquartered in Armonk, New York. With operations in more than 170 countries, IBM attracts and retains some of the world's most talented people to help solve problems and provide an edge for businesses, governments and non-profits.
Today, IBM is focused on five growth initiatives - Cloud, Big Data and Analytics, Mobile, Social Business and Security. IBMers are working with customers around the world to apply the company's business consulting, technology and Research & Development expertise to enable systems of engagement that deliver dynamic insights for businesses and governments worldwide.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
*This Student Position resides in Markham, Ontario and is a 16 (internship) month work term commencing May 2017.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
The following job responsibilities for the Technician/Developer – SW Technology Exploration Centre – Markham include:
The IBM Software Sales Team is responsible for providing software solutions to a wide range of companies across Canada. Solutions are composed of products from the Cloud, Analytics, Mobile, Security and Social Business Units.
At the Technology Exploration Centre (TEC) based out of Markham, Ontario, the TEC team works with our Software Business Unit Sellers to prepare for client events in Markham and across the country. You will be part of the Canadian TEC team leveraging and building upon your network, infrastructure and workstation experience while working with our sales and technical sales teams to showcase our solutions. These events include Proof of Technology, Proof of Concept, Demonstrations and/or Education events intended to move forward the interest in our clients in buying our solutions.
You will also have an exciting opportunity to gain software development experience for web enabled applications running on Bluemix. You will be supporting the sales team in building demonstrations for prototypes and pilots showcasing the art of the possible, leveraging Bluemix and cognitive with Watson.
The role of "Technician/Developer – SW Technology Exploration Centre – Markham" is expected to provide:
Being part of the team to ensure our events are successful:
- Managing the events
- Provisioning of workstations to ensure that they can access the network and are set up and ready with the required solution(s) to support our events.
- Logistics: Dependent on the location: booking the rooms, ordering catering, organizing printing as required, and the meeting of clients at the Markham front desk.
- Support of the TEC Infrastructure Environment
- Assist with server and network configurations as well as installing, configuring and managing software products on a variety of network environments, hardware platforms and operating systems located in Markham
- Bluemix Development Projects
- Development of web applications that run on Bluemix cloud platform
There will be opportunities for direct customer interaction and technical training is provided through class room courses and hands-on skills transfer from product specialists.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux operating systems
- Experience with virtualization tools such as VMware ESXi & Workstation
- LAN Networking skills
- Knowledge of the software development cycle and software engineering
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team
- Demonstrates verbal and written communications skills
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Ability to administer IBM xSeries servers and experience with storage technologies (SAN/NAS)
- Industry certifications are an asset in the following areas: VMware, Cisco, Linux
- Experience with one or more development tools including: Spark, Swift and JSON
- Proven problem determination / debug skills
- Knowledge of Cloud computing
- Knowledge of IBM products, particularly Bluemix platform
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.