Technical Subject Matter Expert - Systems Services
Since receiving the Randstad Award for Canada's Most Attractive Employer (ranked #1 in 2015), IBM is expanding its New Brunswick footprint by growing its IT Services Centre.
Through partnership and collaboration, IBM is planting the economic development seeds to help transition New Brunswick into a knowledge worker economy that can positively tackle challenges for the benefit of all Canadians and organizations around the world. Will you join us?
As an IBMer, you can change the way the world works. Join IBM and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doersâ??people who want to make an impact, cultivate their expertise and collaborate with some of the worldâ??s top business and technology professionals. Network in an open, friendly and flexible work environment where diversity is embraced and new, creative ways of thinking are encouraged and supported. There is no better place to launch or further your career.
The Smart Cloud Control Desk (SCCD)/ServiceNow IT Application Specialist performs a wide range of duties including some of these top responsibilities:
- Support Incident, Problem and Change (IPC) and Service Catalog Solutions using ServiceNow/SCCD overall vision
- Leverage IBM standard IPC Management processes and ITIL methodology to provide steady state support for SCCD and ServiceNow accounts.
- Apply Agile methodologies on ServiceNow transitions to deliver speedy and quality solutions to North America accounts.
The role will be based in either Saint John or Florenceville, NB.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Bachelors degree with a background study in computer science
- Skills in web development
- Skills in Java scripting
- Skills in database (SQL) scripting
- English oral and written communication skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Knowledge of ServiceNow application
- Knowledge of ITIL methodologies
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Certification in ServiceNow System Administration
- Demonstrated problem determination skills
- A good understanding of IPC (Incident/Problem/Change) and Service Catalog Management processes.
Legal working status
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.