Technical Specialist - BigFix
Since receiving the Randstad Award for Canada's Most Attractive Employer (ranked #1 in 2015), IBM is expanding its New Brunswick footprint by growing its IT Services Centre.
Through partnership and collaboration, IBM is planting the economic development seeds to help transition New Brunswick into a knowledge worker economy that can positively tackle challenges for the benefit of all Canadians and organizations around the world. Will you join us?
As an IBMer, you can change the way the world works. Join IBM and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doersâ??people who want to make an impact, cultivate their expertise and collaborate with some of the worldâ??s top business and technology professionals. Network in an open, friendly and flexible work environment where diversity is embraced and new, creative ways of thinking are encouraged and supported. There is no better place to launch or further your career.
This role will support the BigFix Canada regional team. Professional Experience supporting BigFix in a production environment would be an asset to the role.
Day to Day Responsibilities will involve the following:
- Administration and Day to Day support of the BigFix Canada infrastructure.
- Troubleshooting and resolving the following products: BigFix Webreporting issues, BigFix Security Compliance Web portal, BigFix Fixlet issues, BigFix Analysis issues, BigFix Server issues, BigFix Relay issues, BigFix agent issues, BigFix relevance language, Citrix issues, IIS issues, Active directory issues, Linux Samba issues, SQL Database issues, Secmart issues, Network issues related to BigFix
- Work with Security group for health-checking of over 30 clients and 18,000 servers
- Work with Server Admin group for patching over 30 clients and 18,000 servers
- Work with URT group for collecting URT data over 30 clients and 18,000 servers
- Work with Project manager for roll out of BigFix projects
This role will be based in either Florenceville or Saint John, NB.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Proven experience in Change Management process (Maximo), Problem Management process, Patch Management process, Security Health checking Process
- Experience in IBM Connection Website building, Tivoli skills/experience, Linux skills, AIX Unix skills, Windows Skills, Windows AD skills,Terminal/Xenapp skills, Websphere Internet Proxy skills, Samba Skills, Communication skills, Documentation skills, Java Skills, Java Script, Microsoft SQL Skills, Database Design / SQL skills,Web Application Design/Debugging, and Tivoli Bigfix
- MIO/SEV 1/Esalation experience, Working autonomously, On-Call experience, Troubleshooting skills, Workload balancing skills,
- Secret Clearance for Government of Canada
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Experience working with: Patch Management Process, Security Health Checking Process.
- Linux administration, Windows administration.
- Demonstrated and proven experience exemplifying Communication and Documentation
Legal Working Status
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.