Tactical Data Links Application Developer, Enterprise Architecture
IBM Global Business Services: Join a Leader. Consult with us.
IBM Global Business Services has more than 60,000 professionals in over 50 countries worldwide.
At IBM we're working to create a smarter planet. Integrating systems and technology to tackle the world's biggest challenges. From climate change to water conservation, to the need for better, more innovative infrastructure. There's a lot to do and we need people with ideas - that's where you come in.
Join us and you'll be part of a team that encourages constant learning and provides the projects and training that will help develop your expertise. You'll be challenged and supported in an environment that embraces individual differences and rewards your best work. You'll find everything you need to start building the career you want at one of the most successful companies in history. But it's up to you how you get there - you'll be the one in charge, putting forward your ideas, taking on responsibilities and making choices about how to get the job done. We're looking for forward thinkers with the skills, intellectual curiosity, global mindset and collaborative spirit to help us make the world work better. People just like you! So what are you waiting for? Join us and be part of a company that never stops moving forward.
IBM has an immediate opportunity for an experienced, forward thinking Tactical Data Links (TDL) Junior Application Developer, with a passion for growth and innovation.
- Junior team member to complement the current TDL development team whose mandate is to broaden and support our TDL products for our client base using our Software Engineering Practices tailored to the defense industry;
- Available to work at IBM's Ottawa Data Link Delivery and Support Centre on a full time basis at 5 days per week.
MUST CURRENTLY HOLD SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE STATUS.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- C/C++ Coding/Testing Knowledge and Experience;
- Software Engineering Knowledge and Experience;
- Configuration Management Knowledge;
- Ability to quickly learn a large and complex system;
- Excellent team working skills;
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills;
- Knowledge of TDL or defense industry is desired but optional;
- MUST HAVE ELIGIBILITY to obtain Canadian SECRET security clearance.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Holds a valid Canadian SECRET security clearance.
Candidate must have the ability to work in Canada without a current or future need for visa sponsorship. Selected candidates may not need to travel for all projects outside of their metro area. However, all candidates must be able and willing to travel based on assigned project demand. Travel requirements may vary but could be up to 100%. Candidates are not able to refuse project based on travel.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.