Systems Services Product Manager - Internship (Markham, ON)
IBM is a globally integrated technology and consulting company headquartered in Armonk, New York. With operations in more than 170 countries, IBM attracts and retains some of the world's most talented people to help solve problems and provide an edge for businesses, governments and non-profits.
Today, IBM is focused on five growth initiatives - Cloud, Big Data and Analytics, Mobile, Social Business and Security. IBMers are working with customers around the world to apply the company's business consulting, technology and Research & Development expertise to enable systems of engagement that deliver dynamic insights for businesses and governments worldwide.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
*This Systems Services Product Manager Internship Position resides in Markham, Ontario and is a 16 (internship) month work term commencing January 2017.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging and rewarding
- A business causal dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
The following job responsibilities for Systems Services Product Manager Intern include:
You will work closely with our sales and pre-sales technical teams in the development, deployment and life cycle management of IBM Canada System Services offerings. Our team is a dynamic group and our breadth of offerings expand across a comprehensive Agile IT Infrastructure model.
Our offerings span across latest technologies such as automation, analytics, Brokerage services, Data Center, Managed services, Staff augmentation and much more.
Our product management team work with local and global teams in development of product and sales collateral. We continue to look at emerging technologies to ensure successful enablement of our products. Enablement is critical to the success of our offerings.
Product managers quickly become subject matter experts on their assigned offering and quickly become a subject matter expert on their assigned offering and become the "go-to" resource for information, modification or information on the offering. They are considered an extension of the sales team and maintain a database of materials on the offerings they support.
- Leverage and use IBM's latest technology to design and develop offering databases, analytic tools and collateral wikis
- Development and maintenance of locally developed offerings
- Local enablement of globally developed offerings
- Development of sales, proposal and contract collateral
- Participation in sales enablement training and education
- Creation of innovative and easy to use databases for repository of Systems Services Offering collateral, videos, IBM value and proof points for extended IBM teams
- Work with sales and procurement teams in development and life cycle management of contract collateral
Required Education: High School Diploma/GED
Preferred Education: Pre-University Qualification
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Efficiency with Microsoft Office Products - emphasis on Word & Excel
- Demonstrate data mining and analytic capabilities
- Proven presentation and written communications skills
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Experience with Microsoft VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) and Macros Scripting knowledge
- HTML Scripting knowledge
- Knowledge of IBM products such as Agile IT and Watson Analytics
- IT / Computer Science background would be an asset
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.