Systems Service Technician
This posting is for IBM Technical Services, the Software & Hardware support division of IBM Canada Ltd. We install/maintain a variety of IBM and Non-IBM (OEM) equipment. This includes Mainframe / Midrange / NetApp / Storage Systems / Banking Industry / PC / Printer and Network (Cisco) environments. We are a National service organization with offices in every major city across Canada.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Assist with the installation/upgrade of related service in the Point of Sale and Banking Industry & Mainframe environments.
- Hardware such Mainframe, Midrange servers, IBM Sure POS/Cisco Networking/IBM-Lenovo PC's.
- Complete hardware break/fix service in these same environments
- Ability to work alone and in a team environment at various customer locations
- This position is 80% hardware and 20% software oriented.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Banking Systems is considered a strong asset
- Understanding of IBM Servers & Storage products adds value.
- Proven PC skills in both hardware and software
- Mechanical aptitude
- Networking skills, i.e. Cisco certification
- Professional written/verbal communication skills
- Must be a self-starter with strong sense of customer commitment
- Own transportation and a valid drivers license required.
- Must be College or University Graduate.
Legal Working Status
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.