System Management Specialist - IBM i Server Management
Since receiving the Randstad Award for Canada's Most Attractive Employer (ranked #1 in 2015), IBM is expanding its New Brunswick footprint by growing its IT Services Centre.
Through partnership and collaboration, IBM is planting the economic development seeds to help transition New Brunswick into a knowledge worker economy that can positively tackle challenges for the benefit of all Canadians and organizations around the world. Will you join us?
As an IBMer, you can change the way the world works. Join IBM and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doersâ??people who want to make an impact, cultivate their expertise and collaborate with some of the worldâ??s top business and technology professionals. Network in an open, friendly and flexible work environment where diversity is embraced and new, creative ways of thinking are encouraged and supported. There is no better place to launch or further your career.
The IBM i Servers Management team is responsible for the configuration and proper functioning of IBM i servers, the system upgrades and the implementation of patches of the operating system and its management tools.
This role allows great opportunities to interact and provide leadership to other teams. Have the chance to set direction and design as new technology is introduced to the environment.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- IBM i Operating System 7.1
- Upgrade the operating system release and/or modification level for in-scope IBM licensed program products
- Upgrade and maintain PTFs for in-scope IBM middleware Licensed Program Products Domino, WebSphere MQ and WebSphere Application Server
- Maintain LPAR configuration and server resource management
- Provide written analysis and recommendations for standard detailed performance reports
- Deep knowledge of: LPAR management, HMC Management, VIOS Management, BRMS and Virtual tapes management, Network and SAN in an IBM i Environment.
- Must be located in Saint John or Florenceville, NB
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Experience using Problem and Change tools.
- Experience using Microsoft Word , Excel and Lotus Notes.
- Adobe Acrobat.
Legal Working Status
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.