Streams Build/Tooling Developer - Coop (Markham, ON)
IBM is a globally integrated technology and consulting company headquartered in Armonk, New York. With operations in more than 170 countries, IBM attracts and retains some of the world's most talented people to help solve problems and provide an edge for businesses, governments and non-profits.
Today, IBM is focused on five growth initiatives - Cloud, Big Data and Analytics, Mobile, Social Business and Security. IBMers are working with customers around the world to apply the company's business consulting, technology and Research & Development expertise to enable systems of engagement that deliver dynamic insights for businesses and governments worldwide.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
*This Student Position resides in Markham, Ontario and is a 16 month Internship work term commencing May 2017.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging and rewarding
- A business causal dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
Main Responsibilities for Streams Build/Tooling Developer include:
We are seeking innovative students in an exciting and high paced environment. Your role will be a combination of Build and Tooling Developer. As a Streams Build and Tooling Developer, you will contribute to the deployment of new features, functions and integration points in Streaming Analytics. Candidates should be highly motivated, enthusiastic, and able to work under minimal guidance with demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills. Your collaboration and communication skills will be fundamental to the overall team success of the projects you work on.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Ownership of Build Automation Tools
- Day-to-day management of automated builds
- Ownership of all build related files
- Ownership of the open source and 3rd party libraries
- Demonstrates advising development teams when new component or build changes are needed
- Ownership of final builds for release, feature packs, fix packs and interim fixes
- Demonstrates verbal and written communications skills
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Knowledge of source control systems Gerrit, Github desired
- Knowledge of build automation systems, Jenkins desired
- Experience with various programming languages, shell scripting, perl desired
- Experience with Linux
- Knowledge or experience with compilers, gcc and javac desired
- Knowledge of build tools, make, ant desired, automake and maven are bonus skills
- Additional knowledge of open source or community tools, Github, Maven, Nexus
- Understanding of software engineering
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.