Spectrum LSF Software Developer - Internship (Markham, ON)
IBM is a globally integrated technology and consulting company headquartered in Armonk, New York. With operations in more than 170 countries, IBM attracts and retains some of the world's most talented people to help solve problems and provide an edge for businesses, governments and non-profits.
Today, IBM is focused on five growth initiatives - Cloud, Big Data and Analytics, Mobile, Social Business and Security. IBMers are working with customers around the world to apply the company's business consulting, technology and Research & Development expertise to enable systems of engagement that deliver dynamic insights for businesses and governments worldwide.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
*This Student Position resides in Markham, ON and is a 16-month work term commencing May 2017.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging and rewarding
- A business causal dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
The following job responsibilities for IBM Spectrum LSF Software Developer include:
The incumbent will be responsible for project design and implementation, which may require research and analysis.
- Performs design and programming of development projects, including functional analysis and investigation, high-level design, low-level design, and implementation
- Performs design and implementation reviews to other developers on multiple projects
- Performs testing and maintenance of products
- Prepares, writes, or reviews technical documentation
- Researches and understands marketing requirements for a product and new technologies or development tools
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Must be enrolled in Computer Science/Computer Engineering Bachelor or higher education
- Windows and/or UNIX system development experience is highly desired, preferably Linux, Sun Solaris, and AIX
- Experience in working on rapid prototyping projects, developing products and solutions with direct customer involvement
- Proven knowledge of C, Debugger, Unix Shell and other software development tools
- An understanding of writing software that is traceable, debuggable and supportable by people who don't have a deep knowledge of the code
- Thorough technical knowledge in software development methodologies, design, specification, implementation and quality assurance
- Experience in HPC (e.g., MPI, hardware interconnect, distributed computing) is an asset
- Knowledge of Java, Web Service knowledge is an asset
- Proven communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.