Ready to change the way the world works from the inside? IBM is looking for Software Developers to be part of a highly dynamic and motivated team to make data simple and accessible for the world. As an entry level IBM Software Developer on the IBM dashDB team, the candidate will have the opportunity to use and learn the latest tools and technologies available to deliver state-of-the-art software and solve real customer problems. You will design and develop software running in the cloud used by data engineers, data scientists and citizen analysts.
IBM dashDB is a fully managed cloud data warehousing service for developers, database administrators, business analysts, data scientists and more.
This team is responsible for developing and delivering dashDB. The team works in an Agile development environment to deliver regular sprints to our customers. We need enthusiastic and high energy team-members who are keen to create the best experience for our customers.
Person should be passionate about contributing to a cloud service that enables our customers to solve their toughest data challenges; and be fanatic about quality, performance and reliability.
- End to end software development, including front end, back end, quality assurance and customer support.
- Work with an agile team of passionate engineers where one can learn and use trending technologies, tools, and methodologies.
Teams are based at strategic IBM Lab locations and presence on site is required 100% of the time.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- At least 1 year academic or work experience in software development, including front end, back end, quality assurance or customer support
- Exposure in Agile scrum methodology.
- Exposure in Cloud based services (SaaS).
- Ability to learn new languages and tools quickly.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, computer engineering or a related field.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.