Are you passionate about technology? Do you love building new things? Do you want to develop the future of IBM's Cloud offerings? If you answered YES, then we have the right opportunity for you!
The shift toward the consumption of IT as a service, i.e., the Cloud, is one of the most important changes to happen to our industry in decades. At IBM, we are driven to shift our technology to an as-a-service model and to help our clients transform themselves to take full advantage of the cloud. With industry leadership in analytics, security, commerce, and cognitive computing and with unmatched hardware and software design and industrial research capabilities, no other company is as well positioned to address the full opportunity of cloud computing.
The Cloud Development team is currently looking for a Software Developer to join its team, someone who shares a passion to work in open source communities surrounding cloud technologies (i.e. openwhisk), web and experience driven technologies, security standards and to collaborate with industry experts and leadership in programming language development.
The successful candidate will work as a Software Developer with a focus on the following key responsibilities:
- Learn UI, UX and business analytics
- Drive the creation of new highly effective improvements of user flow through complex cloud systems
- Drive the creation of new highly effective optimizations of user flow through complex cloud systems
- Build solutions and algorithms to improve key business metrics
The successful candidate must have:
- Exposure and passion for Operating System development and optimizing for performance and footprint
- Demonstrated ability to deliver with quality in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with peers
In this Software Developer role, you will work closely with other squads in Atlas and Bluemix as a whole. You will also interface with offer/product management teams. You can also expect to participate in broader development communities such as hackathons.
If you are passionate about Cloud Development and the opportunity to have great tools to work with then this may be the opportunity for you.
Role ( Job Role ):
Position Type: Employment Type:
Remote work possible?: Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?:
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- At least 2+ years experience in User Interface/User Experience development using JS/CSS/HTML
- At least 2+ years experience in coding REST APIs
- At least 2+ years experience with JSON
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Large system development experience
- Client server development experience with strong understanding of security requirements
- Experience in data driven UX design and analytics
- Knowledge and experience in performance analysis and optimization
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.