Software Developer - Coop (Fredericton, NB)
Change the world at IBM. There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Fredericton, NB and is a 4 or 8 (co-op) month work term commencing September, 2017.
It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
This position is in Software Development of IBM's QRadar appliance or SaaS products. These products deliver an intelligent, integrated and automated security solution that provides complete, 360 degree security intelligence across your entire network, no matter how large or small. The successful candidate will be responsible for participating in the development and maintenance of new or existing features in the software. Successful candidates will assist in the planning and execution of development efforts required for new functions/features for the product; consult with quality and development engineers in resolution of complex problems; develop new approaches, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing development methodologies and processes.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Proven experience with Linux operating systems
- Demonstrated experience with two or more of the following languages: C++, Perl, Java, Java script, Python
- Exhibited verbal and written communications skills
- Exhibited problem solving and code debugging skills
- Ability to manage workload to meet specific deadlines
- Work effectively as part of an agile team and be able to exercise independent judgment within defined guidelines and procedures
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Knowledge of the agile software development cycle
- Knowledge of software development and automated testing processes
- Experience with source code control
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.