Senior Mainframe Automation Analyst
Since receiving the Randstad Award for Canada's Most Attractive Employer (ranked #1 in 2015), IBM is expanding its New Brunswick footprint by growing its IT Services Centre.
Through partnership and collaboration, IBM is planting the economic development seeds to help transition New Brunswick into a knowledge worker economy that can positively tackle challenges for the benefit of all Canadians and organizations around the world. Will you join us?
As an IBMer, you can change the way the world works. Join IBM and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doersâ??people who want to make an impact, cultivate their expertise and collaborate with some of the worldâ??s top business and technology professionals. Network in an open, friendly and flexible work environment where diversity is embraced and new, creative ways of thinking are encouraged and supported. There is no better place to launch or further your career.
This role will involve supporting multiple different clients for Mainframe Automation needs in a very complex and critical environment. The ideal candidate would be a fast learner, willing to self learn, and have very strong programming skills.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Experience in the REXX programming language
- Understanding of z/OS concepts and facilities.
- Understanding of Job Control Language (JCL)
- Understanding of z/OS Operations.
- Understanding of TSO & ISPF/PDF environments.
- Understanding of operating system and subsystem commands
- Understanding of z/OS managed storage environment, catalogs, datasets (VSAM, PDS/E, GDG), and Unix file structures
- Understanding of VTAM, SNA, TCPIP, & FTP protocols in communicating amongst multiple automation instances in a cluster of connected systems
- Expertise with one or more of the following security products: RAC/F, ACF2, TopSecret
- Expertise with z/OS job scheduling and online subsystems
- Quick learner with strong analytical skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills (French is required in some regions)
- Expertise with two or more of the following z/OS automation products: Tivoli NetView for z/OS, Tivoli Systems Automation for z/OS, Tivoli AF/Operator, CA-OPS/MVS, BMC-Auto/Operator, BMC Control-O
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
Very strong Mainframe programming languages and understanding of MVS
Legal Working Status
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.