Security Services Consultant - Internship (Markham, ON)
IBM is a globally integrated technology and consulting company headquartered in Armonk, New York. With operations in more than 170 countries, IBM attracts and retains some of the world's most talented people to help solve problems and provide an edge for businesses, governments and non-profits.
Today, IBM is focused on five growth initiatives - Cloud, Big Data and Analytics, Mobile, Social Business and Security. IBMers are working with customers around the world to apply the company's business consulting, technology and Research & Development expertise to enable systems of engagement that deliver dynamic insights for businesses and governments worldwide.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
*This Student Position resides in Markham, ON and is a 12 to 16 (internship) month work term commencing May 1, 2017
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging and rewarding
- A business causal dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
The following job responsibilities for Security Services Consultant Intern include:
Technological advancements have resulted in countless amounts of "information" being stored and transmitted by various entities in the world (including corporations, governments and non-profits). It is the responsibility of everyone to ensure that this "information" is secured from rouge elements (i.e. hackers and thief's) that could take advantage of it both financially and for other reasons. IBM has been recognized by Gartner as a leader in providing cutting edge solutions and expert consultative advice to Fortune 1000 clients around the Globe in the field of Information Security.
We are seeking aspiring technologists with an inquisitive and "hackers" mind to join the IBM Canada Security Services organization. You will be joining a team of seasoned subject matter experts with several years of industry experience in the field of Information Security. Our ultimate goal is to be a trusted partner for Senior Executive clientele across various industries. Your role will be to assist the consulting group in the successful delivery of projects. In the process you will be introduced into the vast and niche world of Information Security Domains and Consulting. You will contribute to the analysis, design, recommendations and implementation of various Security domains including but not limited to Strategy & Governance, Incident Management, Vulnerability Testing, Security Architecture, Identity and Access Management, Managed Security Services etc.
Candidates should be highly motivated, enthusiastic, and able to work under minimal guidance with demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills. Your collaboration and communication skills will be fundamental to the overall team success of the projects you work on.
Required Education: High School Diploma/GED
Preferred Education: Pre-University Qualification
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux operating systems
- Proven verbal and written communications skills
- Coop or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Computer science student or relevant IT Security related courses in curriculum
- Knowledge of basic IT infrastructure, Application Devel., Information Systems and processes
- Inquisitive mind, self-starter, person who keeps up-to-date with latest technological trends that affects the world of Information Security.
- Has consultative approach to solving problems, uses process/techniques to advantage.
- Analytical ability and willingness to work under pressure in highly competitive environment
- Basic knowledge in Management Consulting and Systems Integration and/or Managed Security Security Services
- Experience using Microsoft Office Products (Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
- Readiness to travel up to 50% based on project requirements
- Understanding of "Risk" as it relates to "Information" and how it impacts businesses
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Knowledge of IBM products (example: Q-Radar)
- Knowledge of the software development cycle
- Experience with various programming languages
- Understanding of software engineering
- Experience or knowledge in coding, application development, security architecture and or networking, firewalls etc.
- At least 1-year experience in Management Consulting (Professional Security Services and/or Managed Security Services)
- Basic knowledge in or experience in one or more of the following Security Domains: Data Security, Application Security, Identity & Access Management (IAM), Infrastructure and Endpoint
Must be entitled, legally eligible to work in Canada
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.