Security Intelligence Software Developer
As a member of the QRadar Software Development Team, you will be responsible for maintaining and extending the capabilities of IBM's flagship network security management solution, QRadar.
As a qualified candidate, you must be able to:
- write clean, maintainable, and testable code.
- perform regular maintainance and refactoring of existing code.
- trouble shoot and diagnose software problems, and provide solutions.
- turn product requirements into concrete design specifications (e.g. UML/interaction diagrams, wireframes, etc)
- collaborate with the Customer Support team to assist in troubleshooting field issues.
- work with cross-functional teams in an Agile environment
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- English (Fluent)
- At least 2 years experience in applying knowledge of Software Development practices.
- Knowledge of Agile Development Cycle principles and methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc)
- Experience managing source code using version control systems (SVN, GIT, etc)
- Experience writing code using Java, Python
- Experience working with UNIX/Linux operating systems
- Experience writing unit and integration tests
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Relational database concepts
- Knowledge of secure software engineering and best practices
- Basic experience working with a broad range of Java technologies (e.g., JMS, JNI, JDBC, â??)
- Basic experience working with GIT
- Experience working with Eclipse, Perl, and Tomcat
- Interest in Cloud computing, Internet of Things, Internet/Network Security
- Basic scripting experience using an exhibited language such as Perl and/or Python (additional scripting language knowledge a plus)
- Demonstrated understanding of networking protocols and principles
- Basic experience working with security log analysis, application log analysis, and general log management best practices
Legal Working Status
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.