Security Intelligence Qradar Performance Dev. - Coop (Fredericton,NB)
IBM is a globally integrated technology and consulting company headquartered in Armonk, New York. With operations in more than 170 countries, IBM attracts and retains some of the world's most talented people to help solve problems and provide an edge for businesses, governments and non-profits.
Today, IBM is focused on five growth initiatives - Cloud, Big Data and Analytics, Mobile, Social Business and Security. IBMers are working with customers around the world to apply the company's business consulting, technology and Research & Development expertise to enable systems of engagement that deliver dynamic insights for businesses and governments worldwide.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
*This Student Position resides in Fredericton, New Brunswick and is a 4 or 8 (co-op) month work term commencing Jan, 2017.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging and rewarding
- A business causal dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
The following job responsibilities for Security Intelligence QRadar Performance Team Student Developer include:
Employees in this role develop, maintain, and execute the performance benchmark automation suite as part of QRadar Software release cycle. This includes developing features and infrastructure, modifying existing code to increase reliability and robustness, and executing and measuring performance of physical hardware and virtual machines that make up the QRadar product line. This requires close collaboration with multiple team members and cross-team communication in order to gather requirements, gain tool knowledge, analyze performance results, identify trends in performance metrics, and reproduce field issues and defects.
Required Education: High School Diploma/GED
Preferred Education: Pre-University Qualification
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux operating systems
- Demonstrates verbal and written communications skills
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Experience with two or more of the following: C++, Perl, Java/Java script, Visual Basic, SQL, XML, HTML, Selenium, Python, Bash, LaTEX
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage priorities and adapt to changing work load requirements and deadlines
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team and be able to exercise independent judgment within defined guidelines and procedures
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.