Join the development team of IBM? QRadar?, the number one ranked Security Event and Incident Management (SIEM) platform in the world. IBM? QRadar? SIEM detects anomalies, uncovers advanced threats and removes false positives. It consolidates log events and network flow data from thousands of devices, endpoints and applications distributed throughout a network. It then uses an advanced Sense Analytics engine to normalize and correlate this data and identifies security offenses requiring investigation.
Some responsibilities as follows:
Participate in FIPS, NIAP, STIG compliance activities
Develop and review compliance test cases.
Design and implement compliance feature requirements.
This role may involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Role (Job Role): Software Developer
Position Type: Early Professional
Employment Type: Full-Time
Remote work possible? Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?: No
Travel Required: No Travel
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- English (Fluent in verbal and written)
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of demonstrated advanced software development proficiency (C/C++, Python, Perl, Java, etc.)
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of web protocols and an in-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix tools and architecture
- Proficiency in administration aspects of Linux
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Experience implementing FIPS, STIG, NIST, Common Criteria/EAL compliance requirements.
- Experience in platform-level security mitigations and hardening for Linux.
- Experience with internals of Linux distributions
- Proficiency in Linux packaging (RPM, DEB, BitBake)
- Comprehension of algorithms and processes for programmatic automation via scripting or programming languages (Python, Ruby, shell, perl, etc.)
- Well-rounded background in host, network and application security
- Technical knowledge of at least two of: application security, system security, network security, authentication/authorization protocols, or cryptography.
- Database familiarity and experience using Postgres
Legal Working Status
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.