Security Content Developer
The Security Content Developer will be an integral part of IBM's Security Intelligence QRadar software development team that is responsible for delivering new and enhanced feature functionality for the SI product line. To achieve this we're seeking a talented Security Content Developer who will create the logic, event queries and reports that alert customers to attacks on their network and also to prove that they are meeting compliance standards such as HIPAA, PCI and FISMA. This work will have a direct impact on IBM Security's standing as the global leader in IT security products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- - Turning use case requirements into Boolean logic rules, regular expressions, reports, SQL searches, etc.
- - Bundling security content (e.g. rules, searches, reports) into packages that can be published on the QRadar App Exchange for customers to download.
- - Regularly reviewing existing security content to ensure that it stays up to date with the latest attacks, vulnerabilities and compliance standards.
- - Work as part of an agile development team
- - Collaboration with the Customer Support team to assist in troubleshooting field issues
- - Collaboration with the Quality Assurance team to ensure a quality product delivery
- - Ensure delivered code follows secure coding practices and guidelines
- - Ability to adapt to new and existing technologies quickly
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- English (fluent)
- Ability to adapt to new and existing technologies quickly
- Experience in Systems Administration (Windows and Linux) and Virtualization (Vmware, KVM, Qemu)
- Experience in enterprise application deployment and administration, preferably on security products.
- Experience in networking, switching, routing, monitoring, firewall and basic network design.
- Experience in Software development / automation.
- Experience using relational database management software
- Experience with Boolean logic
- Experience with SQL [query, update}
- Experience with scripting [bash, python, perl]
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, verbally and as a presenter
- Strong attention to detail
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Security - conversant in DoS and DDoS, Overflows and other failures to validate input
- Knowledge of security compliance standards such as HIPAA, PCI and FISMA
- Legal Working Status
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.