SAP Consultant - Coop (Toronto, ON)
IBM is a globally integrated technology and consulting company headquartered in Armonk, New York. With operations in more than 170 countries, IBM attracts and retains some of the world's most talented people to help solve problems and provide an edge for businesses, governments and non-profits.
Today, IBM is focused on five growth initiatives - Cloud, Big Data and Analytics, Mobile, Social Business and Security. IBMers are working with customers around the world to apply the company's business consulting, technology and Research & Development expertise to enable systems of engagement that deliver dynamic insights for businesses and governments worldwide.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
*This Student Position resides in Toronto, ON and is a 4-month work term commencing May, 2017.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
The following job responsibilities for SAP Consultant Intern include:
Do you want to discover what it's like to work for a multi-national company? Do you want to have the chance to discover a network of key professionals and make your own impactful connections? Are you eager to be challenged, to discover your full potential?
IBM is a leader in the global transformation era. It is just the place to launch your future career and develop skills for navigating this new world. At IBM, youâ??ll collaborate with extraordinary people in a creative environment to make the world work better.
With access to resources that only a global leader can provide, you will develop broad technical, industry and professional skills, work with a vast network of subject matter experts, and enjoy career, training, and educational opportunities.
In this role, you will be assisting client teams in the selection, implementation, and support of an enterprise application solution. This role develops and uses introductory consulting skills and business knowledge, while developing initial enterprise solution expertise, to effectively support clients integrate enterprise-wide data solutions for improved performance and efficiency.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Ability to thrive in a team atmosphere while making individual contributions
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines while maintaining focus despite conflicting demands.
- Drive to overcome the most challenging or difficult obstacles and look for ways to improve results.
- Initiative to actively seek new knowledge and improve skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and work effectively with individuals, strengthening relationships to achieve win-win solutions.
- Ability to communicate complex situations clearly and simply by listening actively and conveying difficult messages in a positive manner.
- Ability to write effectively, communicating complex messages or requirements clearly, simply, and concisely.
- A passion for innovative ideas, coupled with the ability to understand and assimilate different points of view
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Knowledge of ERP Systems
- Understanding Project Cycles
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.