Sales and Marketing - Coop (Calgary, AB)
IBM is a globally integrated technology and consulting company headquartered in Armonk, New York. With operations in more than 170 countries, IBM attracts and retains some of the world's most talented people to help solve problems and provide an edge for businesses, governments and non-profits.
Today, IBM is focused on five growth initiatives - Cloud, Big Data and Analytics, Mobile, Social Business and Security. IBMers are working with customers around the world to apply the company's business consulting, technology and Research & Development expertise to enable systems of engagement that deliver dynamic insights for businesses and governments worldwide.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
*This Student Position resides in Calgary, Alberta and is an 8-month work term commencing January 2017.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging and rewarding
- A business causal dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
The following job responsibilities for Sales & Marketing Co-op/Intern include:
We are seeking innovative students looking for a challenging and exciting role in a high paced environment. As a Sales and Marketing Assistant Co-op/Intern, you will support Sales representatives and managers in analyzing and profiling existing and current clients of IBM. You will also assist client executives in preparing customer proposals and presentations. In this role you will perform analysis of IBM's clients and products. You will also be required to provide insight into our clients' industry and other competitors. This position will work with proprietary and external industry sources to provide and interpret this information. Many of these findings will be used for annual kickoff planning and year beginning sessions. Other projects in our sales and marketing functions will also be assigned. This may include but is not limited to: project management, marketing events, and organization of our Stampede client events. This is an ideal role for a strategic thinker who has an interest in sales, marketing, finance or business consulting and the IT industry, combined with proven statistical, written & interpersonal communication and analysis skills.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux operating systems
- Demonstrates verbal and written communications skills
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Demonstrated experience managing, creating, and using databases and large spreadsheets
- Self-motivator who can work with little supervision
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Demonstrated organizational skills, project management and time management
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Preferred completion of a minimum of one co-op work term
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.