Recruiting Specialist - Vancouver
At IBM, we strive to lead in the invention, development and manufacture of the industry's most advanced information technologies, including computer systems, software, storage systems and microelectronics. We translate these advanced technologies into value for our customers through our professional solutions, services and consulting businesses worldwide. IBM's Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) manages global staffing operations and large recruitment campaigns for Fortune 500 companies.
As a Recruiting Specialist, you will be responsible for all recruiting and staffing programs and activities related to the attraction, selection, hiring and on-boarding of talent into IBM client, as well as partnering with IBM managers to help build a workforce with those critical skills needed to move the business forward.
- Develops candidate interest for available positions and client companies during interview process.
- Conduct numerous Face to Face candidate interviews and make Hire/no Hire decisions based upon client criteria.
- Provides results in reportable format
- Updates ATS in appropriate and timely fashion.
- Create Sourcing plans where needed to attract volume and quality of talented candidates. This may include 1) Performs queries and searches on databases for qualified candidates. 2) Identifies target companies, user groups, professional associations which could inform search parameters
- Lend Guidance to Recruiters and Junior Recruiters who perform first pass interview of candidates and schedule interviews for Recruiting specialist.
- Extending offers to candidates and tracking responses before handing off to on-boarding team.
- Read documentation provided and documents production
- Talk to subject matter experts regarding the positions
- Other administrative tasks as needed
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as required by management
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- 3 years' experience recruitment best practices as recruiter
- 2 years' experience building relationships and consulting with Hiring Managers through the open requisition, sourcing, debrief and offer stages
- 2 years' experience in computer skills including in-depth internet knowledge and proficiency in Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet, and database applications
- High School Diploma / GED
- Ability to Travel Up to 50% During Peak interviewing seasons April – June & Sept – November and 20% During the rest of the year. Recruiting Specialist would be based in and work from Customer site in Vancouver with travel to Winnipeg, Calgary, and Edmonton. Occasionally other site visits may be required
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- BS/BA Degree
- Fluency in English and French
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.