QRadar Quality Assurance
IBM Security Intelligence is a global provider of high-value, cost-effective, security information and event management (SIEM) products. The flagship offering, QRadar, integrates previously disparate functions including log management, network behaviour analytics, and security event management into a total security intelligence solution. QRadar provides users with crucial visibility into what is occuring with their networks, data centers and applications to better protect IT assets and meet regulatory requirements. The Quality Assurance engineer is an integral part of the Security Intelligence team that is responsible for participating in the execution of procedures for ensuring the quality and serviceability of new features and releases of software.
Our software development is done in agile teams. Each agile team includes developers, quality assurance, documentation, performance, and security members as well as a product owner. Outside of the agile team, the successful candidate will also interface with customer support and members of other agile teams when there is an interaction/dependency between teams.
Top Responsibilities are:
- Creation and execution of comprehensive product test plans, test cases and scripts
- Test automation development
- Be part of an agile team to understand/resolve potential defects in the product
- Collaboration with Customer Support team to understand/reproduce field issues
- Configuring/installing Linux servers and other security devices
- Assist in accurately estimating test effort of QA work items
- Providing feedback on product usability to agile team and product owners
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- English (Fluent)
- 2-5 years of Software Quality assurance experience
- 2 years of test automation/scripting
- 2 years of Linux experience
- 2 years of SQL, XML experience
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Networking/Security experience
- Experience with Selenium, Spoc, Geb
- Expertise in two or more of the following: C++, Perl, Java, Python, SSQL, XML, HTML
- Experience in the security industry is not required but is highly desirable.
Legal Working Status
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.