QE Software Developer - Coop (Ottawa, ON)
Change the world at IBM. There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This Student Position resides in Ottawa, Ontario and is a 4 month (co-op) work term commencing September 2017.
It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
The following job responsibilities for QE Software Developer include:
We are seeking innovative students looking for a full semester of challenge in an exciting and high paced environment.
Your role will be a combination of Software testing and Automation. As a Quality Engineering Developer team member, you will contribute to the automation implementation, and testing of new features, functions and integration points in Cognos Analytics.
Candidates should be highly motivated, enthusiastic, and able to work under minimal guidance with demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
Your collaboration and communication skills will be fundamental to the overall team success of the projects you work on.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Experience with Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- Familiarity with XML and JSON formats
- Demonstrated verbal and written communications skills
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Knowledge of IBM products such as IBM Cognos Analytics.
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle
- Knowledge of Agile Software Development process
- Experience with source control tools
- Multilingual is an asset
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.