Order Fulfillment Specialist - Internship (Markham, ON)
IBM is a globally integrated technology and consulting company headquartered in Armonk, New York. With operations in more than 170 countries, IBM attracts and retains some of the world's most talented people to help solve problems and provide an edge for businesses, governments and non-profits.
Today, IBM is focused on five growth initiatives - Cloud, Big Data and Analytics, Mobile, Social Business and Security. IBMers are working with customers around the world to apply the company's business consulting, technology and Research & Development expertise to enable systems of engagement that deliver dynamic insights for businesses and governments worldwide.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
*This Student Position resides in Markham, Ontario and is a 16 (internship) month work term commencing May, 2017.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging and rewarding
- A business causal dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
The following job responsibilities for Order Fulfillment Specialist include:
The Order Fulfillment Specialist is responsible for receiving, processing and delivering non-IBM product orders to end customers. This position oversees the order fulfillment process and ensures that all orders are processed in accordance with IBM's customer service and purchasing standards, corporate policies and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
The Order Fulfillment Specialist:
- Ensures accurate and timely completion of all orders to be shipped by planning, coordinating and interfacing with vendors and procurement
- Monitors backorders, shipping damage claims and projects and alert the sales & procurement teams as to any discrepancies or open issues.
- Ensures availability of timely and accurate information for the finance, operations and delivery teams to allow proper financial forecasting on weekly basis
- Provides authorization to release billing documents to customer in accordance with IBMâ??s accounting practices and revenue recognition policy.
- Collaborates with accounts receivable and delivery functions to resolve disputed invoices.
- Performs financial reconciliation of revenue and cost entries by order and prepares month end accounting entries (i.e. revenue and/or cost accruals and/or deferrals)
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux operating systems
- Demonstrates verbal and written communications skills
- Experience with MS Excel
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Service oriented, analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of logistics, supply chain management and order fulfillment
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP); revenue / cost accounting
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.