Mid-Tier Application Developer
IBM Global Business Service: Join a leader. Consult with us!
IBM Global Business Services helps top-tier clients solve their most complex business and technical issues. As a Mid-Tier Application Developer you will develop end-to-end solutions based on Web / Mobile User Interface and Enterprise Integration technologies, participating in the design, development, testing and deployment process.
In this role, successful candidates must be able to work with IBM to:
- Work as a member of an Agile Application Development team to build custom applications and frameworks;
- Work with Agile Sprint team members to design, code and unit test;
- Participate in Sprint backlog planning;
- Learn new technologies in support of Omni channel application development and the API Economy, including API design and development, Microservices using Springboot, Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Deployment, DevOps, nodeJS, AngularJS, and noSQL db's such as MongoDB.
"This position is open to those with Canadian Permanent Resident or Canadian citizenship status"
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Custom application design and development experience using Java technologies such as Springboot, and J2E platforms such as JBoss, WebSphere, WebLogic / Fusion or nodeJS;
- REST API design and development experience;
- At least 3 years of experience developing Java / J2EE / Spring applications;
- Experience with REST / SOAP service design / development;
- Experience with web development;
- At least 3 years of experience working in a true Agile & DevOps environment;
- Experience in writing Junit test cases;
- Fluent in English oral and written.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Web Application Development with HTML 5, AngularJS, nodeJS, and J2E/Spring would be an asset;
- Microservices / API design and development with Springboot, Spring Cloud, Docker, Kubernetes would be an asset;
- Understanding of industry standards (HTML 5, REST, WSDL, SOAP) would be an asset;
- DevOps experiences including unit test automation (jUnit), continuous integration with technologies such as Jenkins, Maven and Selenium would be an asset;
- Financial services / banking solutions experience would be an asset;
- Experience with Behaviour Driven Development (e.g. Gerkhin / Cucumber) would be an asset.
Candidate must have the ability to work in Canada without a current or future need for visa sponsorship. Selected candidates may not need to travel for all projects outside of their metro area. However, all candidates must be able and willing to travel based on assigned project demand. Travel requirements may vary but could be up to 100%. Candidates are not able to refuse project based on travel.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.