Master Data Management (MDM) Quality Assurance - Intern (Markham, ON)
IBM is a globally integrated technology and consulting company headquartered in Armonk, New York. With operations in more than 170 countries, IBM attracts and retains some of the world's most talented people to help solve problems and provide an edge for businesses, governments and non-profits.
Today, IBM is focused on five growth initiatives - Cloud, Big Data and Analytics, Mobile, Social Business and Security. IBMers are working with customers around the world to apply the company's business consulting, technology and Research & Development expertise to enable systems of engagement that deliver dynamic insights for businesses and governments worldwide.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
*This Student Position resides in Markham, Ontario and is a 16-month Internship work term commencing January 2017.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging and rewarding
- A business causal dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
The following job responsibilities for Master Data Management (MDM) - Quality Assurance include:
In this role, the candidate will work as part of the Master Data Management (MDM) Quality Assurance team, designing, developing, and executing test scenarios within an automated environment. Tasks include but not limited to:
- Working with developers and Business Analysts to define test plans, test coverage matrices and corresponding test cases.
- Executing test cases using both manual processes and automated test tools.
- Automating tests using shell scripting and in-house automation tools
- Recording defects, providing sufficient detail to allow developers to correct.
- Producing defect summary reports, as required by project managers, during Quality Assurance (QA) project cycle.
- Tools development to support QA activities and improve overall QA processes
These are examples of some of the experiences you can take with you from the internship:
- Test Concepts o Function Verification Test (FVT)
- System Verification Test (SVT)
- Globalization Verification Test (GVT)
- Type of Testing: XML Services, User Interfaces (UI), Technical Testing
- Accessibility Verification Test (AVT)
- Test Process: Test Plan, Test Case Creation, Test Automation
- Extensible Markup Language (XML), SQL, Shell scripts, Ant, ClearQuest, Selenium
- Accessibility Test Tools: Windows Eye, Java
In this technically demanding role, the intern will be utilizing and increasing their skills in various technologies as well as their exposure to other IBM or 3rd party products. In addition to their understanding and experience with object-oriented analysis and design, they will enhance their skills and knowledge in the area of development with relational database systems. Take advantage of mentorship provided by senior team members to bring their skill set to the next level. These are examples of the skills/tools they would use during their work term:
- Java, Shell scripts, Extensible Markup Language (XML), SQL
- Integrated Development Environments (IDEs): Rational Application Developer (RAD), Eclipse
- WebSphere Application Server Administration
- Database: DB2, Oracle
- Operating Systems: Advanced Interactive Executive (AIX), Solaris, Linux, Windows
- Development Process
- Debugging Tools
Required Education: High School Diploma/GED
Preferred Education: Pre-University Qualification
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Some understanding and experience with software development cycle
- Shell scripting skills
- Knowledge in XML
- Experience working in a Windows/Unix/Linux environment
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
- Proven problem solving skills
- Proven time management skills
- Proven ability to work with a group of peers
- Programming skills in SQL is an asset
- Programming skills in Java is an asset
- Understanding of testing methodology and
- Automated testing is an asset
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Knowledge of IBM products
- Knowledge of the software development cycle
- Experience with various programming languages
- Understanding of software engineering
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position..
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.