Market Development & Insights (MD&I) Advisor - Internship (Markham,ON)
IBM is a globally integrated technology and consulting company headquartered in Armonk, New York. With operations in more than 170 countries, IBM attracts and retains some of the world's most talented people to help solve problems and provide an edge for businesses, governments and non-profits.
Today, IBM is focused on five growth initiatives - Cloud, Big Data and Analytics, Mobile, Social Business and Security. IBMers are working with customers around the world to apply the company's business consulting, technology and Research & Development expertise to enable systems of engagement that deliver dynamic insights for businesses and governments worldwide.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
*This Student Position resides in Markham, Ontario and is a 16 month work term commencing January 2017.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging and rewarding
- A business causal dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
The following job responsibilities for Market Development & Insights (MD&I;) Advisor include:
You will support Senior Market Development & Insights (MD&I;) Advisors and management in developing market strategies through collaboration on projects and handling monthly and quarterly deliverables on a timely basis.
In this role you will perform analysis of IBM's brands and market segments. You will also be required to provide insight into the categories and competitors within these segments. You will work with proprietary and external industry sources to provide and interpret market share and market opportunity data for the information technology (IT) marketplace in Canada.
This is an ideal role for a strategic thinker who has an interest in marketing or business consulting and the IT industry, combined with strong statistical, modeling, and analysis skills.
Required Education: High School Diploma/GED
Preferred Education: Pre-University Qualification
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Proven analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability with Excel, Powerpoint, and Word
- Self-motivator, can work with little supervision
- Team oriented
- Demonstrated organizational skills, project management and time management
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Demonstrated communication skills, written and oral
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Knowledge of IBM products
- Experience managing, creating, and using databases and large spreadsheets
- Coop or internship program enrollment an asset
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.