L2 Support Engineer
Our service team delivers remote technical support to worldwide customers for System z Enterprise Modernization Tools. This role will work with the Enterprise tools team supporting DevOps optimization software with focus on application discovery that helps developers understand and visualize software to more easily modify mainframe applications.
This technical support role specializes in problem determination/problem source identification skills for System z enterprise Modernization products utilizing technical and negotiation skills in collaboration with other support operations/organizations to prioritize and diagnose problems to resolution. The responsibilities include the ability to communicate action plans to the customer or IBM representative as appropriate, recommend and implement new or improvements to existing technical support tools, procedures, and processes, and contribute to department attainment of organizational objectives and high customer satisfaction. The candidate must have strong analytical and problem solving skills, excellent communication skills, and the ability and desire to learn new technologies quickly.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- English (fluent)
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Operating systems (e.g. Windows 7/8/10, Windows Servers)
- Very good spoken and written English skills, other foreign language is a plus
- Microsoft SQL Server (installation, basic administration)
- DataBases (complex queries, views, stored procedures)
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Knowledge of Java and COBOL programming languages
- Exposure to z/OS systems
- Knowledge and experience in RDz/IDz, Debug Tool, Jazz platform, and Web Application Servers (e.g. WAS Liberty, Tomcat)
- Exposure to VMWare and other virtualization technologies
- University degree in a Computer Science related discipline
Legal work status
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.