Intermediate Application Developer
IBM Global Business Service: Join a leader. Consult with us!
IBM Global Business Services helps top-tier clients solve their most complex business and technical issues. As an Intermediate Application Developer you will develop end-to-end solutions based on Web / Mobile User Interface and Enterprise Integration technologies, for multiple clients, participating in the design, development, testing and deployment process.
In this role, successful candidates must be able to work with IBM to:
- Work as a member of an Agile Application Development team to build custom Omni-channel applications
- Work with Agile Sprint team members to design, code and unit test custom REST API's
- Participate in Sprint backlog planning
- Learn new technologies in support of Omni channel application development and the API Economy, including API design and development, Microservices, Cloud Deployment, DevOps, nodeJS, AngularJS, and noSQL db's such as MongoDB
As a Special Terms Employee (STE) with IBM Global Services in Canada, you'll be aligned to innovative project assignments, working with IBM colleagues and clients, leveraging your experience and specialized capabilities. You'll have an opportunity to cultivate your expertise, use your knowledge to the fullest extent and work with the best and brightest in the industry. The STE employment category enables IBM Canada to obtain specific skills quickly and for an unspecified period of time, driven by client requirements and project priorities. Explore how working at IBM aligns with your career aspirations and goals by reaching out to IBM Recruiters.
Visit http://www.ibm.com/ca/ for more information.
"This position is open to those with Canadian Permanent Resident or Canadian citizenship status"
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- J2E custom application design and development experience using J2E platforms such as JBoss, Websphere, WebLogic / Fusion
- REST API design and development experience.
- English: Fluent
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Agile Software Development methodologies experience would be an asset
- Web Application Development with HTML 5, AngularJS, nodeJS, and J2E/Spring would be an asset
- Understanding of industry standards (HTML 5, REST, WSDL, SOAP) would be an asset
- DevOps experiences including unit test automation (jUnit), continuous integration with technologies such as Jenkins, Maven and Selenium would be an asset
- Financial services / banking solutions experience would be an asset
- English: Fleunt
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.